Press conference: Presentation of ENAR Foundation Awards for a racism-free Europe
24 June 2011, 10.30-11.30
The Hotel (ex-Hilton)
38 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000 Brussels
Room Louise Marie, 26th Floor
The ENAR Foundation is delighted to invite you to a press conference on Friday 24 June 2011 to present the winners of its first Awards for a racism-free Europe.
The ENAR Foundation, the first anti-racist foundation in Europe set up by the European Network Against Racism (ENAR), has selected three winners for the Awards, which celebrate an individual, an NGO and a company whose commitment has contributed to achieving a racism-free Europe and to making equality for all a concrete reality. The awards are sponsored by three companies committed to diversity and equality: Adecco Group (individuals), L’Oreal (NGOs) and Sodexo (companies). They will be given to the winners at the ENAR Foundation’s Charity Gala on 24 June in Brussels.
The winners are:
- Category ‘individuals’: Forward Maisokwadzo who works as development worker for City of Sanctuary in Bristol, United Kingdom. He puts all his efforts into making Bristol proud to be a place of safety for people seeking sanctuary from war and persecution.
- Category ‘NGOs’: Antidiskriminierungsnetzwerk Berlin des Türkischen Bund in Berlin-Brandenburg, the anti-discrimination network of the Berlin-Brandenburg Turkish Association, which supports and counsels people of colour who experience discrimination.
- Category ‘companies’: Solas Community Arts, in Galway, Ireland, who facilitate creative workshops which explore and tackle themes of social inclusion and human rights, within a community development context.
- Presentation of the ENAR Foundation and Awards, by Chibo Onyeji, ENAR Foundation Chair
- Presentation of the awardees and sponsor companies
For further information and registration, please contact:
Phone: +32 (0)2 240 57 20 - Mobile: +32 (0)473 49 05 31